Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Still Here!

I was apprehensive about checking on the kittens this morning. After last night I was not sure if the little girl would still be with me.
CC
I carefully opened the crate lid and there they all three were alive and snuggled between the two stuffed animals that Amber had given them. They seem to love the stuffed animals. I have seen them kneading on them and if I place them in the crate at the opposite end they always gravitate back to them.

They ate really well. The remedy I found online looks like it might beginning to work. The little girl had two hard little kernels of poop.
A combination of mineral orally with a chaser of sugar water and a little anal stimulation with a q tip soak in mineral oil and warmed with hot water. Sounds gross, but the painful cries of a kitten bound up will make you do gross things. I copied the info for future reference.
My thumb is really red and sore. During her worse moments she was using it as a release or pacifier to help deal with the pain. Unfortunately, although the little teeth have barely broken through, a kitten in pain can exert an extraordinary amount of pressure!
CC
I checked their little ears this morning and they have opened even more. While Gary was talking I was watching the ears rotate to locate the source of the sound!

We have named them: CC, short for Cleopatra Chiana is our fat and sassy long-haired little girl, Shadow is the medium haired middle boy kitty, and then Felix, our short-haired little runt, who happens to full of energy and life! Such a difference 6 days, warmth and food makes!
Shadow