Sunday, February 26, 2012

Great Tailed Grackle

Recently I stopped to pick up my mail at the box unit at the beginning of our little road. As I turned back to re-enter the car I was stopped by the song of a bird I did not recognize.

Searching for the source I was able to discern the location by the unique song. To my amazement at first glance it looked like a Grackle, but sounded like no Grackle I have ever heard. Then I noticed the tail…

What a tail!

After taking a number of pictures and recording the audio I felt equipped enough to begin my quest in determining the name of this species.

In a very short time I stumbled upon The Cornell Lab of Ornithology. Soon I was listening to the same song, as they had an audio clip already embedded.

So I encourage you to take a few moments a day and listen….

You never know what you too, may discover.