Monday, April 16, 2012

Hummingbirds bring such Joy!

The Wisteria is blooming and as I paused below the lilac coloured clusters that were gracefully cascading downward like droplets in a waterfall I took in the sweet light fragrance wafting through the air from their delicate blossoms.

Taking note of the light buzzing and then a stronger more insistent buzz I let my ears direct my eyes to the source and located several black carpenter bees hovering from flower to flower as industriously as their little honey bee cousins.

Then another sound, one I recognize as the tiny voice of a hummer. That one sent me running for the camera and then Amber. We spent the next several minutes excitedly photographing our little ham.

He even took leave of the flowers long enough to "buzz" us, to our delight. Giggling we quickly regrouped and started shooting again.