Thursday, October 29, 2009

Four Weeks Old!!

Hard to believe that two weeks has gone by since the little beasties came into my life. Already they are showing signs that all to soon my mothering time will be over. This morning I kept them out longer than before. I spread a beach towel on the floor for traction and they did gravitate towards it, but they could not help but explore.

Felix and CC
Felix,(facing out) Shadow (on the left) and CC (on the right)
Shadow
Since they can track on me quite well now, they stagger towards me wherever I walk. I was trying to prepare a larger box for them and I kept moving around. It was amazing how quickly they can move. I have to be very careful or I could step on one.

I am not sure when they will be ready for the new box exactly. Right now they seem to be content with the little crate. They snuggled up all toasty warm with each other. One day though that will not be enough, they will want to explore more as their waking hours become longer and longer.

They are now consuming 2 bottles of milk at a feeding,(not individually, but rather all together)I have purchased some kitten food as I am sure it will not be long before they want to eat something more solid. Their little teeth have erupted and I notice that after they finish nursing they chew and chew on the nipple. (something mommy cat would not allow, but I let they since it does not hurt me and I am sure it feels good on their gums. )

CC of course is the bravest of the brave. She watches my every move quietly but intently. I am falling in love with her more and more. Petting her is one of the most relaxing things in my life now. I will always be indebted to Amber for bringing these three little kittens into my life.

Thank you Amber!