Saturday, February 4, 2012

Today was a GREAT Day!!

The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and here I sit sniffling and sneezing when all I really want to do is go outside and start spring cleaning. HONK!!

Couldn’t stand it, went out anyway.
I noticed the little violas were popping their heads up this week.

As well as a couple of other spring flowers.
The Tiny Tim daffs and the Freesias are barely breaking ground but it won't be long before they will shower me with colour.
I went out to the chicken pen to try to visualize my new coop I discovered my hens had started laying again.

The geese began their mating season a couple of weeks ago. No breeding yet, but Jake started getting more aggressive about Nathaniel close proximity.



Amber gave me this little pea plant a couple three months ago; well it is not so little any more. It survived the freezing weather and has now begun to bud. It is about 2 ft high.

Started cleaning up debris, and other items in the pen; stacking material I might use for my project, cutting old Dr. Huey rose bushes that need to go and Gary came over and pitched in. Sure helped me out.

He used the tractor to pull out the rose roots and then brought over some dirt to lay down where we will build the new coop.

When I was done I headed back to the house to rest (having a cold zaps you) and Aiden side tracked me to show his new tree climbing skills.
How can a gramama say no to that?